Friday 24 February 2012

Drawing Castles

As it was a rainy morning we decided to have a break from parks, and go to the cinema for a Friday treat, however we had a few hours to kill, so I got one of the children's craft books out.  H chose his activity - making a knight themed wall hanging decoration.  And then he told me he couldn't do it!  So I showed him how....


I drew a castle, and with each line I drew on the paper H copied mine.  Eventually H had a great looking castle!





We both then drew a sword with H copying mine.




Then we drew a shield.




H then painted his pictures using watercolour paints, something he hadn't used before.




Here is H's finished piece of art, I love the watercolours, and I think his drawings are fantastic!  He was very proud of his masterpiece!



The painted shield.

The painted sword.

The painted castle.


No comments:

Post a Comment