Wednesday 15 June 2011

Painting fun!

The children were all playing in the conservatory following lunch, just doing their own thing.  Without saying anything to them I opened the doors to the garden, went outside and filled the water table.  Within seconds they were all outside getting stuck in - and getting VERY wet!

Whilst the children were engrossed in their water play I taped some lining paper around the windows of the conservatory, filled the paint pots and brought out the painting aprons.  Immediately they were very interested in what I was doing, and as soon as I put the paint pots down they began painting!  Our outdoor painting fun was cut short by a rather heavy downpour of rain, so we carried on our painting inside, but that is a surprise for Sunday so I can't say any more!!

I love the way whenever I introduce anything new or out of the ordinary the children are immediately very interested in it and want to get stuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment