Monday 20 June 2011

Baby song time & Volcano part 2

This afternoon with the two older children both at pre-school, it was just the babies and myself at home.  We had been outside in the sunshine all morning at Play Patch (our outdoor playgroup), and after lunchtime the sun was a bit too strong for us to stay out - it's not often I say that!  So I decided that we would be better off playing in the shade in the conservatory, which was nice and cool with the doors wide open to the garden.

J suddenly started singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', which was my queue to get the finger puppets out and have a good old sing song with the babies, who loved choosing the puppets and singing the songs. 



J is getting very good at singing in tune, and M found us both very amusing!  What a lovely time we had.




Later on when A and Albie had come home from pre-school it was time to paint our volcano, which really is starting to look good!  I am hoping that we will get some dry time later on in the week to make our volcano erupt - which I plan to do in the garden!




I couldn't put any info up about our Fathers Day presents that the children made last week, as I didn't want any of the children's Daddies having their surprise spoilt!  Here is a photo of the lovely noticeboards the children made....




I painted the board with 2 layers of magnetic paint, then painted a base layer of blue.  The children then got to work painting the boards.  We then stuck little magnets onto foam shapes, sprinkled on glitter, attached a ribbon to the board to hang it up, and ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment