Saturday 17 March 2012

Matching Colours

J is becoming more aware of colours, when we are out and about he tells me the colours of wagons and cars.  Sometimes he gets the colour correct, sometimes not.


I set up an activity to help with colour recognition and matching.  I drew 6 lines on a piece of white card, and using different coloured pens I wrote the colour name in each row.



I then got 6 pieces of different coloured paper corresponding to the colours I had written on the card, and cut out squares.

I explained to J that he should glue the coloured paper along the same coloured row.




Throughout the activity J sometimes got the name of the colour muddled up, however he was always able to match the colour and glue it in the correct place.


M joined in with the activity by glueing his coloured squares randomly!


No comments:

Post a Comment