Thursday 13 September 2012

New Jumping Bean!

It is lovely to welcome new children into my home, and into the group of children already here.  Whenever I am approached by parents to care for their children I am mindful of how the new child will fit in, and being completely honest, I will not take on a child that I feel will not fit in well, or who could potentially upset the children already in my care; neither will I take on a child if I feel I will not get along with his or her parents - I have to be able to build a good relationship with these people so feel that us all getting along is very important.


Yesterday was J's first full day with me, and his first time with me on his own without Mummy being with him.  During the previous two weeks I have spent as much time as possible with J in order that we got to know each other, we have been on days out together, J has come to play at my house, and I have visited him at his house.  And I really think that us getting to know one another has helped a lot, J has spent a lovely 2 full days with me now and I am confident that he will continue to be settled and happy here.

I am a very happy childminder right now!













No comments:

Post a Comment