Wednesday 29 August 2012

Blind Painting

In honour of the Paralympics starting tonight, I planned a 'blind painting' activity.  Today I only had J aged 36 months and M aged 26 months, so anything too complicated is too old for them, I thought this activity was perfect as it involves painting, which they both adore!

We spoke about being blind, what it means, and how we like our working eyes.  J said he "wouldn't like to be blind".

I got out the painting things and the children became VERY excited!  Everything was ready, and we were at the stage where they normally dive on in and start splattering paint about, when I told them to wait!  We were going to try painting as though we were blind!!!

I then produced a tea towel and a peg to blindfold the children!

J thought it was funny and he giggled lots whilst being blindfolded, though he didn't apply much paint to the paper.

M wasn't impressed with being blindfolded and immediately tried to remove the tea towel, though I gently coaxed his hands to the paper and handed him the brush, so he instinctively began painting.  

M wasn't as cautious as J when he was blindfolded, whereas J just painted his brush on the paper a few times, M painted just as though he could see, even attempting to reapply paint to his brush - which he needed a little help with!

After a couple of minutes I removed the blindfolds and the children continued painting, having a wonderful time!








No comments:

Post a Comment