Monday 4 July 2011

Slime!

Yet another gorgeous day, with Albie pleading me to get the hose pipe out again!  How could I refuse!  However I quite fancied doing something slightly different today, so I decided we would have slime (Jelly Baff) in the water table, complete with hidden bugs for little hands to find.  We also had some nice clean water in the paddling pool as I figured it could come in handy for washing our hands of the slime when we had finished playing with it.


Instantly the children were intrigued by the slime, digging their hands right in.  J began to scoop handfuls of slime and plop them into the paddling pool, which soon became very slimy too!



J wanted his t-shirt off, so I moved the sun shade to cover the children and stripped him off.  He then proceeded to smear the slime all over his arms, tummy and shoulders!!  It got very messy indeed!





Albie and A played with ladles and spoons in the slime, and made me slime biscuits and slime pancakes - yummy!



The slime was a wonderful success with the children, we will try it again another day but perhaps use a different colour.  I might also try putting different coloured ice cubes in the slime to provide a contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment