Friday 8 March 2013

Soapy Gloop

This morning I decided to try a new sensory play experience with the children that two of my childminder friends were talking about at playgroup.  It was so simple, and a really lovely activity, and as an added bonus the cleaning up afterwards was a doodle!!

Mix together cornflour and washing up liquid - that is it, done!  I didn't know the quantities so I just guessed and got there in the end - my advice is add the washing up liquid slowly and mix it with your hands - eventually it will come together and form a sort of dough.  

The (newly named) soap gloop was a fabulous sensory experience - you can mould it into shapes, squish it, snap it and stretch it - and it smells fabulous!  And when you have finished playing all you need is running water to wash your hands and they are then squeaky clean!  The children loved it, and so did I!

















No comments:

Post a Comment