Friday 13 January 2012

Toy rotation

We have lots of toys here - lots and lots! I have a limited amount of space to store the toys so that they are accessible by the children.  Which means that certain toys that are dotted around the edge of the conservatory get played with lots and others are ignored as they are just always there.


My aim is to clear all of the toys away from view (which has the added benefit of my house being  my own in the evening!) and have an organised storage system going on in the garage - then every day/week we will get different toys out to play with, rotating the toys periodically. 


My theory was proved today - the dolls house used to be out all of the time in the conservatory and occasionally played with, however I have stored it in the garage for the last month.  Today I got it out again.  It received lots of attention and the children sat and actually played with it properly.


It will be interesting to see if I can actually implement an organised toy storage system, and then how it works from then on - watch this space....









No comments:

Post a Comment